Position is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, and retirement of systems hardware and software related infrastructure.
Key Job Duties:
- Provide effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, and retirement of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continued innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensures system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational compliance and strategic goals.
- Research, cultivate, and maintain vendor relations for IT department purchases and deployments.
- Ensure critical systems uptime and performance utilizing monitoring software. Serve as an IT point of contact to provide assistance to other team members company wide.
- Manage the complete lifecycle of Windows server (virtual guests and physical); including but not limited to initial setup, Microsoft patching, application upgrades, and retirement, replacement, or upgrade planning.
- Administers endpoint security, including antivirus and malware protection. Manage and maintain the system management device, Dell K1000, including the oversight of the Quatro helpdesk and software license compliance.
- Oversees management of all printers and fleet management supplier(s). Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-users are adequately supported in performing their daily tasks.
- Manage and maintain end-user device documentation pertaining to the configuration and installation of software.
- Assist with managing and maintaining wireless network Infrastructure Company wide.
- Perform various Active Directory and email tasks as necessary.
- Provide tier 2 technical support and mentorship to helpdesk/technology support specialist.
- Serve as a backup for functions such as backups, Active Directory management, email administration, and ESX administration.
- Troubleshoot potential network issues and effectively communicate and collaborate with IT Team to resolve the issue.
- Assist with network management and upgrades as requested. Assist with other tasks as needed.
- Manage end-user devices and support end-user activities on Quatro owned or controlled devices; primarily Microsoft Windows-based computers.
- Implement and maintain endpoint device security.
- Investigates end-user device and user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions to ensure business continuity.
- Installs, configures and maintains end-user devices, Windows servers and other related equipment; add or upgrade and configure disk drives, printers, phones, and related equipment.
- Research software and hardware products for end-user devices and servers and applicability to organizational environment.
- Repair device hardware as necessary and work closely with service vendors to ensure continuity of service.
Specific Job Skills :
- Must be able to prioritize work and multitask in a fast paced environment. Effective communication with the team regarding end-user device status, server status, and other network attached devices; upgrade and replacement plans, and project/task plans and progress.
- Be well organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Stay informed of the latest developments in technology.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Meets physical demands of the position including the ability to lift and handle up to 45 pounds of materials, bend, stoop and stretch as required for placement and retrieval of materials or equipment on shelving.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s, Associates Degree, or Certification in an IT related field is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in an IT related field