General Position Summary:
Positions main responsibilities is receiving composite products or project concepts from customers and moving that product or concept through the phases of development and commercialization into full rate production.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Develop SOW’s with deliverables in collaboration with customers
• Develop plans, budgets, and timelines for completion of products.
• Selects resources for products and plans
• Communicates progress and statuses to management as well as the customer.
• Works with sales and customers to establish, manage and control project scopes and deliverables.
• Creates, maintains, and communicates Project timelines and schedules.
• Create, maintain and communicate project budgets, spending and financial status indicators
• Direct multi-disciplinary teams to and from product concept, through development and onto complete production level commercialization.
• Manages multiple projects concurrently
• Ensures accurate documents/specifications are generated for new product designs and manufacturing processes and documents are transferred to vendors and relevant internal groups.
• Ensures the output of product development is manufacture able and transferable into production.
• Develops project status reports and presentations for both internal and external project communications.
• Contributes to developing design platforms and innovative solutions to design problems for the future.
• Develops an understanding of existing patent landscape surrounding area of expertise.
• Supports marketing groups in preparation for presentations, advertisements, training material, and sales catalogs and brochures.
Specific Job Skills:
• Knowledge of thermoset polymers and processing
• Experience with aerospace process specifications and qualifications
• Prior participation in a AS9100/Nadcap certified organization
• Knowledge of FAA component certification
• Must be US Citizen/Permanent Resident (ITAR)
• Travel to Poway/Seattle/Customers as Needed – up to 35% Travel
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor of Science Engineering preferred