General Position Summary:
Position is responsible for the day to day activities in production and supervision of the team members involved in manufacturing product efficiently and of the highest quality.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Supervise and lead production team members in their daily activities.
- Communicate with all departments, logistics, engineering, and production management (to include management on other shifts), needs, priorities, and issues.
- Promote flow and pull of products and information to internal and ultimately external customers.
- Lead regular communications with team pertaining to company and department performance, with the goals of improvement and reducing waste and non-value added activity.
- Daily scheduling and organizing work departments.
- Investigate and fix problems on the production floor.
- Train, review, counsel, and discipline team members as necessary.
- Coach, mentor, and develop team members by investigating root cause for scrap and RMA issues. Work with team and quality department to prevent recurrence.
- Implement 5S tools and reduce variation in the work environment.
- Develop employees’ continuous improvement abilities.
- Use and develop visual systems so that no problems are hidden.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills:
- Strong technical knowledge related to the field of manufacturing.
- Communicate in a clear, approachable, professional and pro-active manner, Provide strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining perspective
- Be creative, flexible and able to drive/guide change
- Ability to multi-task, follow through and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Capability to develop and coach individuals to higher performance
- Provide strong operations thinking that moves the vision to successful implementation.
- Leadership qualities – patience, kindness, humility, respectful, selfless, forgiving, honest and committed to the growth of the individual and organization.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 4 years’ experience in a production leadership role.
Supervisory Responsibility: Manage departments of 15-20 people in areas such as finishing, assembly, kit-cut & lay-up, and more.