Position is responsible for the day to day activities in production and supervision of the team members involved in manufacturing product efficiently and of the highest quality.
Key Job Duties:
- Supervise and lead production team members in their daily activities. Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the daily production on detailed shift production summaries.
- Communicate with all departments, production control, engineering, and production management (to include management on other shifts), needs, priorities, and issues. Lead regular communications with team pertaining to company and department performance, with the goals of improvement and reducing waste and non-value added activity.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing work instruction’s and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; initiating and fostering a spirit of teamwork within and between departments.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, resources along with maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Daily scheduling and organizing work departments by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies and procedures. Coach, mentor, and develop team members by investigating root cause for scrap and RMA issues. Work with team and quality department to prevent recurrence.
- Investigate and fix problems on the production floor. Implement 5 S tools and reduce variation in the work environment. Use and develop visual systems so that no problems are hidden.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orientating, and training, reviewing, counseling, developing personal growth opportunities, and disciplining team members as necessary.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards, by enforcing company policies consistently and fairly to the team members.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of Quatro composites.
Specific Job Skills :
- Strong technical knowledge related to the field of manufacturing.
- Communicate in a clear, approachable, professional and pro-active manner, Provide strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining perspective
- Be creative, flexible and able to drive/guide change
- Ability to multi-task, follow through and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Capability to develop and coach individuals to higher performance
- Provide strong operations thinking that moves the vision to successful implementation.
- Leadership qualities – patience, kindness, humility, respectful, selfless, forgiving, honest and committed to the growth of the individual and organization.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 4 years’ experience in a production leadership role.