Provide leadership and direction to insure the continual, efficient and uniform operation which will meet or exceed customer expectations in a safe and orderly manner. Develop and implement plans coordinated with the corporate business plan to increase the reliability and continually improve the quality and efficiencies of the products and services provided by the business unit.
Key Job Duties:
- Stimulates and advances continuous improvement through thoroughly understanding the work and living philosophy by:
- Consistent & regular communication with other departments, shifts, logistics, department DE, and production management on needs, priorities, and issues.
- Promote flow and pull of products and information to your internal and ultimately external customer (s)
- Understand what your internal and external customer (s) value so as to strive to provide that value to them.
- Identifying and enhancing value added operations while reducing and eliminating non value added activities.
- Respect for People in daily interactions – Create culture and assure daily adherence to company safety requirements; Assure timely, thorough performance evaluations; perform or delegate training on product introductions or changes. Foster and adhere to company values, rules, regulations, and accreditation to achieve company goals. Set an expectation and create programs of improvement and learning in the department. Weekly time approval of personnel.
- Lead regular communications with team pertaining to company and department performance, with the goals of improving throughput and reducing waste (non-value added activity).
- Daily scheduling and organizing production shifts to optimize performance and margin.
- Stop to fix problems. “Go and See” to thoroughly understand the situation.
- Coach, mentor and develop people to investigate root cause for scrap and RMA issues and work with team, including engineering and quality, to establish corrective actions and prevent recurrence.
- Reduce variation in the work environment through implementation of Lean tools including 5S tools, Kanbans, standard work, etc. Develop standard work for departmental processes. Review work instructions through change request process with goal of standardization.
- Use and develop real time visual systems so that no problems are hidden.
Specific Job Skills :
- Strong technical knowledge related to the field of manufacturing
- Communicate in a clear, approachable, professional and pro-active manner, provide strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining perspective
- Be creative, flexible, and able to drive/guide change
- Ability to multi-task, follow through and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Capability to develop and coach individuals to higher performance.
- Provide storng operations thinking that moves the vision to successful implementation
- Leadership qualities – patience, kindness, humility, respectful, selfless, forgiving, honest and committed to the growth of the indvidiual and organization.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 4 years experience in a production leadership role.