Position is responsible for providing administrative support in various areas of the Human Resources department along with all other departments located in the Poway facility; including but not limited to new hire processing, benefits administration, workers compensation and more. This person will be required to fulfill many roles and must be flexible both to changing priorities and a wide variety of responsibilities and tasks.
Key Job Duties:
- Provide clerical and administrative support to all team members and HR team including general receptionist duties and meeting facilitation.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls, interviews, appointments with third party vendors and travel.
- Work with IT to procure required office equipment and manage asset inventory.
- Ensure lobby and conference rooms are presentable, some light housekeeping.
- Support recruiting needs for the facility, by assisting in managing the logistics of the process such as coordinating communication with candidates and hiring managers. Ensure all interviewed candidates have completed a Quatro application.
- Prepare new hire paperwork and benefit packets, coordinate scheduling of new hire onboarding and training and pre-employment drug testing. Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Coordinates and conducts insurance benefit meetings for new hires to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions. Counsels employees on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
- Obtain employment verifications via E-Verify.
- Maintain employee records in HR Software, including ADP, Propsera, and Plex
- Investigate workers compensation accidents and prepare reports for insurance carriers.
- Administers health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations.
- Assist with annual open enrollment period during 4th quarter of each year. Arranges for distribution of materials from broker and arranges for on-site representation by providers. Processes changes within deadlines.
- Strives to ensure employee understanding of benefit programs by, regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolves employee complaints related to health and welfare plans. Refers difficult or very complex to manager as needed. Keeps HR Manager advised of potential problem areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills :
- Ability to work in networked-based PC Applications
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- HRIS experience is a plus
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree preferred in a related field, preference given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference given to applications with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in human resources.