This position is an entry level manufacturing engineer technician position. The position focuses on hands-on support of production operations, performing trouble shooting, and working with floor operators on process stability and improvements. This person also supports the Manufacturing Engineering department by creating models and detailed drawings using software such as Solidworks and AutoCad under the direction of the Engineers. This individual will be creating EC (Engineering Changes) developed in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineers, Tool Engineers, and Documentation Specialists. The Engineering Technician will monitor product quality and repair/rework parts as directed, including processing of rework orders in Plex.
Key Job Duties
- Support and work with Design Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers to create the correct tools needed for the product being developed
- Work closely with production leadership and team members to assess and analyze ongoing issues
- Initiate Engineering Changes and follow the Engineering Change process, Create work instructions and industrial writing
- Valid Iowa driver’s license
- Utilize existing solid modeling software. (i.e., Solidworks, Autocad/Inventor)
- Ability to read and understand standard ISO drawings
- Problem solving abilities
- Familiarity with CNC Machining Process and the capabilities beneficial
- Proficient computer skills including use of Microsoft Office
- Able to learn material quickly
- This is a full-time Days positions. Flexible starting and ending times.
- Must be able to start between 6:00 A.M. & 8:00 A.M. Monday – Friday, 8 hour shifts, with limited weekend work.
- Comprehensive benefit package (including health, life, dental and AFLAC insurance)
- Annual incentive plan
- Enhanced wellness program that reimburses employees for gym memberships
- Tuition assistance