This is an entry level controls engineering position at a composites company at our research and development center located in Poway California. We primarily design and build components for the aerospace industry. We are looking for someone who can help with creation and support for the automation aspects in our facilities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to learn all about industrial controls in an automated manufacturing environment that already possesses good engineering fundamentals.
Key Job Duties:
- Setup communication between manufacturing equipment and MES system
- Proposes innovated solutions to manufacturing challenges leveraging automation
- Program SCADA system (XML, Java, & Python)
- Track products through all phases of production
- Program Industrial PLCs (IEC 1131-3, ladder logic)
- Debug industrial networking
- Robot programming and communication
- Database querying (SQL)
- Ensure that all equipment is compliant to standard safety practices and regulatory organizations (OSHA, ANSI, UL, NFPA), customer processing spec (BAC, RPS) qualification requirements, and aerospace industry accredited organization (nadcap, ncamp) requirements.
- Provide accurate time estimates to production management on automation installation functions.
- Install and startup equipment at manufacturing location
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
- Physical factors—Ability to climb ladders, operate hand & power tools, drive fork lift, assemble heavy mechanisms, Physical Demands (standing, sitting, lifting, bending, and climbing), Frequency (random throughout shift).
- Flexibility to alter work schedule to occasionally work around production schedules.
Specific Job Skills:
- Proficiency with structured programming languages and scripting such as C++, Java, VB, Python, etc…
- Database knowledge
- Familiarity with industrial control systems
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Exposure to CNC machining, 3D printing and/or G-code
- Some exposure to industrial manufacturing a plus
- Understanding of industrial robots
- Knowledge of debug instruments (digital multi-meter, oscilloscope, megger, etc…).
- Familiarity with hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical systems
- Proficient computer skills
- Education and experience—Four year engineering degree with some related experience / internship, two year technical degree with 2 years related experience, or 5 years’ experience servicing automation equipment preferred.
- Completed training in proper software structure and techniques
Applicants must be US Citizens/Permanent Residents (ITAR) and possess a valid California driver’s license.