General Position Summary:
Position is responsible for new and existing product and process transfers, implementations, execution and compliance within the layup, molding and curing areas of the Quatro manufacturing processes. As a direct report to the VP of Manufacturing, this position will work closely with all areas of the company to facilitate communication between the manufacturing floor and the engineering functions that are in place to address new process/product implementations and transfers, production scrap issues, process improvement, technical training of floor personnel as well as technical awareness and education.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Develops manufacturing methods, processes, and systems to promote efficient composite manufacturing.
- Uses Lean techniques to determine process standards and technology required to meet the quality and reliability objectives of finished product.
- As required by the business, works with various products, equipment and disciplines to increase production, quality, efficiency, volume and/or environmental suitability.
- Gathers, coordinates and applies basic engineering data using established and appropriate or defined engineering principles and procedures.
- Develop and implement methods for improving utilization of personnel, material and utilities.
- Plans and establishes sequences of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization of equipment and labor.
- Applies statistical methods and mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements and production standards.
- Coordinates quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
- Confers with vendors, staff and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and incident/project status.
- Reviews production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures and activities. Patrols and monitors work areas, examining tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules.
- Provides leadership within the manufacturing environment for all composite materials and processing questions and situations.
- Communicates with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
- Mentor entry level and developing engineering resources.
- Performs such individual assignments as Manager’s may direct; ensures adequate and continuous controls are exercised over all assigned activities affecting quality; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Specific Job Skills:
- 5 + years of experience in the fabrication of composite detail parts and sub-assemblies, within an aerospace environment preferred.
- Previous experience in AS9100 and NADCAP manufacturing environment preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering (other technical BS degree may apply)